SMALL RUMINANT LENTIVIRUS – CAE/OPP (for Goats and Sheep ONLY)
This enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) detects antibodies to caprine arthritis encephalitis virus (CAEV) in goat sera or ovine progressive pneumonia virus (OPPV) in sheep sera.
Requirements for Testing Goats and Sheep:
- Animals must be 9 months of age or older.
- Animals must be 6-8 weeks post vaccinations/illness.
- Animals must be 6-8 weeks post injury.
- During summer months, samples must be shipped using some form of coolant pack.
- Samples should not be in transit for more than two weeks.
We can utilize the same blood submitted for BioPRYN® for the CAE/OPP test – simply indicate “CAE” or “OPP” in the added test column of the BioPRYN® submission form. Please feel free to contact our office to ask about pricing, testing schedules, and any other questions.